American Catfish Goes South of the Border
Catfish Enchiladas with Goat Cheese and Chipotle Cream
1 cup diced green onions, white and green parts
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces goat cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
Two 4- to 5-ounce catfish fillets, cut into 24 pieces
Four 8-inch flour tortillas
Chopped green onions for garnish
1. Combine green onions, cream and goat cheese in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and sauce is somewhat thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle catfish pieces with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, add fish and sauté until lightly browned.
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 cup heavy cream
In a mini food processor or with a sharp knife, very finely chop chilies. Add cream to pan over medium heat, whisking, until mixture is smooth and heated through.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide cheese mixture evenly among length of four tortillas. Place six pieces of fish on top of the cream mixture and roll the tortilla into a cylinder.
2. Place rolls into an 8×8-inch oven proof dish and pour chipotle cream over all. Cover with foil.
3. Cook enchiladas for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
4. Serve two enchiladas to a plate, top with sauce from dish, and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Still hungry? Visit www.UScatfish.com for more recipes.